Undoubtedly, the most popular waterfall in the Island of Cebu, it is a three-tier falls located in Badian, in the province of Cebu. About 3 hour bus ride, and 106 kilometers south of Cebu City. A favorite destination for Cebuanos and other tourists outside of Cebu alike.
Called by a tourist the “paradise deep in the jungle.” The thick forest trees and the turquoise color of the water, make it also literally and psychologically cool.
This is the final destination of the Canyoning that starts at Alegria, accessing it through the Matutinao river. The river trekking usually takes 3 hours to Kawasan Falls.
How to get to Kawasan Falls
1. If you have a private vehicle, the ride going to Badian would take 3 hours. If by bus, 3 and 1/2 hours.
2. Stop at the church in Badian. You will see a number of people offering tourist services would flock to potential customers.
3. You still have to take a 20 to 30 minute walk towards the waterfall.
At the upper part of Kawasan Falls. Please hire a guide before going further. It’s for your own safety.
Amenities at the Kawasan Falls
There are several amenities and services available for travelers at Kawasan Falls
1. Table or kiosk rentals (P500 to P1,000)
2. Food and drinks
3. Raft rentals
4. Life Jacket Rentals
5. Gift Shops
6. Baggage carriers or porters (100 to 400 pesos depending on the weight)
7. Overnight cottages or rooms (P1,500 to P3,000 per day)
Photo credits to Shelena Mae